Do you wonder what is Christianity according to the Bible? Christianity is a monotheistic religion that has been in practice for millennia. It was founded by Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Christianity follows the teachings and beliefs found in the Bible, which serves as its sacred text. According to Scripture, Christianity centers around faith in Jesus’ life and teachings as revealed through His death and resurrection.
What is the best definition of Christianity?
The best way to define it simply would be this: “Christianity is a belief system rooted in faith that seeks communion with God through Jesus Christ”. This emphasizes how important it becomes for Christians worldwide that they must accept what He taught during His time on Earth -to love one another, forgive others (Matthew 6:14-15), and live out righteousness daily.
What are seven characteristics of Christianity?
1) Beliefs – In order for any individual or group of people to truly follow a Christian lifestyle there needs to be acceptance of core beliefs including salvation from sin through repentance, baptism, and faith in Christ, and recognition & respect towards Scriptures as the authoritative religious source.
2) Worship – The focus should always be centered on praise/worship honoring Him who gave Himself up so willingly just so we may have eternal life. We need to abide faithfully within the covenant relationship formed when accepting saviorhood offered freely at Calvary!
We also observe all the commandments of God, including the fourth commandment – the Sabbath!
3) Holidays – Mainstream Christianity today celebrates Easter and Christmas in honor of Christ’s death and birth! However, Easter is no longer needed to be celebrated according to the Bible, because the significance of it has been fulfilled at the cross – the Lamb of God died on the cross for our sins!
Thus, He established the Last Supper in remembrance of His sacrifice!
We also have the seventh day Sabbath which is to be celebrated every week! (Exodus 20:8-11)
Christmas Day is said to be in honor of Jesus’ birth, however, nowhere in the Bible does it say when He was born! We do not have such details! Moreover, this Christmas celebration day has more roots in Paganism rather than in Christianity!
There is no commandment in the Bible to keep Christmas Day holy!
4) Values – These include living out basic moral principles found within Scripture: be honest – tell the truth always no matter how painful (Proverbs 12:22); show love to everyone regardless of status/position society holds them unto (John 13:34-35); forgive even those who hurt us deeply, understanding God’s grace shown to every single one us freely each day.
5) Mission work – Being an active participant in spreading the Gospel message worldwide. It reaches far beyond local congregations and mission outreach organizations forming teams whose purpose is to spread the gospel across the globe oftentimes in risky areas and hostile environments.
6) Prayer – This serves as a direct means of communication between ourselves, and the Father through Jesus Christ alone, the Mediator who intercedes on our behalf.
Prayer is reverence offered humbly to Him knowing He sees all and hears requests and answers according to His will which may not bring immediate relief to the situation but instead when is the right time.
7) Fellowship – This allows believers around the world to come together and partake in worship sessions at Church. Singing, praying, worshipping God, and giving thanks for everything He is doing for us!
What is the main purpose of Christianity?
The ultimate goal of Christianity is to remake the relationship between man and God that was broken through sin. The purpose is to draw people closer to God and into true fellowship with Him.
It seeks for believers to develop a personal relationship with an infinite and loving Creator, share His Word throughout the world, live out its teachings faithfully each day as well as equip others to do the same so that generations after theirs can carry forward the divine message – hope, eternal life promised when believing upon Christ Jesus.
Who is the founder of Christianity?
Jesus Christ is the founder of Christianity. It began 2000 years ago. The New Testament reveals that He was both human and divine, fully man while being fully God at the same time.
Conclusion – What is Christianity according to the Bible
Christianity is the most powerful faith and belief system that has stood the test of time and continues to remain an integral part of spiritual life for many individuals worldwide.
The Bible has the answers to all of humanity’s problems!
Moreover, Christianity centers around faith in Jesus Christ’s death & resurrection. Its main purpose is to impact the world positively by providing hope for eternal life if one repents from their sins and turns away from their wicked life!
God has promised that He will give them a new heart and a new mind so they will start loving the holy things and hate the worldly things! (Ezekiel 36:26)
We are powerless and spiritually dependent – either on God or on humans! However, we are naturally born spiritually dependent upon humans and this is wrong! If we want to truly be free, happy, and healthy we must connect with God, and “eat” Him spiritually and not man, for this is the cause of all our miseries – the dependence on human beings for our physical and spiritual needs!
We hope that in this short article, we have answered your question of what is Christianity according to the Bible!